Encroachment Permits

Requirements & Fees

Encroachment permits are required any time work is being performed in the public right-of-way, or if the work will affect the right-of-way, such as installing a new driveway. Fees vary depending on the type of permit needed and how extensive the work is. The fees are collected solely to cover the cost of staff administrative and inspection time associated with the specific permit. A deposit is required to issue an encroachment permit; any unused funds will be returned to the applicant upon project completion with a successful final city inspection.


Traffic control plans (if applicable) and conceptual plans must be submitted with each encroachment permit application, along with proof of insurance. An Encroachment Permit Application Packet (PDF) may be downloaded in interactive PDF format and returned via GeneralServices@citrusheights.net or regular mail to the General Services Department.
Last updated: January 3, 2017