NOTICEThe City of Citrus Heights City Clerk’s Office is open by appointment only for candidates running for office in the November 3 Election. Online appointments are available, COVD-19 safety protocols must be followed during in-person appointments. Face coverings are required.
Please check back as updates are made on a regular basis.
On November 3, 2020, the offices of District 1 Council Member and District 3 Council Member are up for election. Any member of the public who meets the requirements below may run for public office in the City of Citrus Heights.
- Be at lease eighteen years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of California
- Be a registered voter and a resident within the district the candidate seeks to represent. Voter registration will be verified before issuance of the official nomination petition.
The Nomination Period for District 1 and 3 will begin on Monday, July 13, 2020 and closes on August 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
A filing fee of $25.00 is to be paid at the time nomination papers are filed.
City Council Candidate Documents
- City of Citrus Heights Candidates Guide 2020 General Municipal Election November 3, 2020
- FPPC Form 501 Candidate Intention Statement (PDF)
- FPPC Form 410 Statement of Organization Recipient Committee (PDF)
- FPPC Form 470 Officeholder/Candidate Campaign Statement Short Form (PDF)
- FPPC Form 700 Statement of Economic Interests (PDF)
- Candidate Statement Form (PDF)
- Ballot Designation Worksheet (PDF)
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices (PDF)
- Candidate Media Sheet (PDF)
The information presented below is only who pulled nomination papers, and what was filed, and does not necessarily reflect what will be printed in elections materials.
|Candidate Name||Office Sought||Nomination Pulled||Submitted||Petition Qualified|
|Allison Sanchez||District 1||7/16/2020|
|Bret Daniels||District 1||7/20/2020|
|Nicole Castor||District 1||7/24/2020|
|Tim Schaefer||District 3||7/16/2020|
|Thomas Goetz||District 3||7/17/2020||7/28/2020||7/29/2020|
|Kevin Miles Jr.||District 3||7/21/2020|